Brig. Gen. Patrick M. Kennedy is the Assistant Adjutant General-Air, New Jersey National Guard and also serves as the Commander, New Jersey ANG. He exercises command and control over two flying wings performing fighter and air refueling missions, and serves as principal advisor to The Adjutant General on the execution of Air Guard assets. He is responsible for the development and training of over 2,300 Airmen and the implementation of state strategy, policy, plans and initiatives related to the State Partnership Program, federal and state homeland security and civil support mobilization, readiness and strength within the New Jersey ANG.
General Kennedy’s military career began in August 1991 when he commissioned as a lieutenant in the NJANG. After completing his undergraduate navigation training in October 1992, he qualified in the KC-135 aircraft. General Kennedy has over 2,200 flight hours to include combat support sorties. He has deployed and flown combat support sorties for both Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM. General Kennedy continued his career as a Maintenance Group Commander, Vice Wing Commander and Wing Commander. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Chief of Staff.
1990 Bachelor of Arts degree in business, Richard Stockton State College, Pomona, N.J.
1992 Combat Survival School, Fairchild Air Force, Wash.
1995 Combat Flight Instructor Course, Altus AFB, Okla.
1998 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1999 Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2002 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
1. August 1991 - October 1992, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training, 323d Flying Training Wing, Mather Air Force Base, Calif.
2. October 1992 - March 1998, KC-135 Navigator, 150th Air Refueling Squadron, New Jersey Air National Guard, McGuire AFB, N.J.
3. April 1998 - August 2003, Quality Assurance Officer, 108th Logistics Group, NJ ANG, McGuire AFB, N.J.
4. August 2003 - May 2008, Commander, 108th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, NJ ANG, McGuire AFB, N.J.
5. May 2008 - February 2012, Commander, 108th Maintenance Group, NJ ANG, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
6. February 2012 - March 2015, Commander 177th Maintenance Group, NJ ANG, Egg Harbor Township, N.J.
7. March 2015 - January 2018, Vice Commander, 177th Fighter Wing, NJ ANG, Egg Harbor Township, N.J.
8. January 2018 - November 2018, Commander, 108th Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
9. November 2018 - May 2019, Chief of Staff, Joint Force Headerquarter, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
10. June 2019 - Present, Assistant Adjutant General, Fort Dix, N.J.
Rating: Senior Navigator
Flight hours: More than 2,300
Aircraft flown: KC-135A/E/R, T-37B, T-43A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
New Jersey Commendation Medal
New Jersey Ribbon of Honor with three devices
New Jersey Merit Award Ribbon with numeral “25”
New Jersey Desert Storm Support Ribbon
New Jersey Unit Strength Award Ribbon
Louisiana Emergency Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug. 8, 1991
First Lieutenant Oct. 24, 1993
Captain Dec. 14, 1995
Major Feb. 25, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 21, 2004
Colonel Feb. 27, 2009
Brigadier General June 4, 2019